Something Sweet Bakeries
Research and Development Technician (Pastry)
Join a lean, dynamic, experienced team of bakery professionals in a fast paced environment. We operate several SQF certified facilities, manufacturing some of the best quality pies and cakes on the market. We have a current need for a R&D Technician with a Pastry Focus. This position will directly support the NPD process by producing samples of high quality to send to customers. They will work under the guidance of the Director of Product Development for the Company.
. Use skill and experience to execute laboratory level finished samples of bakery
products to send to customers. These samples will be of both existing and development projects. Under the guidance of the R&D Director, adjust as
- Pack and ship in a meticulous manner samples from development and from
inventory. These samples are shipped around the country and need to endure the most rigorous of conditions. Label and track all sample shipments via
spreadsheet, tracking numbers, and confirm delivery to destination.
- Establish scientific specifications as samples are developed. This includes brix,
water activity, pH, and other parameters. . Work with quality, product development, and production to set and enforce
specifications through the use of scientific methods. Check weigh cases and
product to ensure specifications are met.
- Assist with compiling formulas from paper to finished working formulas, update
database of existing formulas as changes are made. —- Other duties as assigned.
. Must have experience with pastry production in hotel, food laboratory, or other
high volume setting. (1-3 years, preference will be given to those with additional
- A strong working knowledge of ingredients, functionality, troubleshooting, and
process of baking and pastry.
- Computer skills including proficiency in word, outlook, excel.
- Laboratory or technologist role in previous employment, Quality, or R&D.
. Working knowledge of Quality Systems including analytical testing.
- Significant experience developing products from idea through commercialization
to manufacturing or menu.
- Ability to work in a food development laboratory, freezer, and standing for
extended periods of time producing samples with various ingredients. . Must have the ability to follow precise direction, work independently, and to follow
complicated formulas from bench top through commercialization. Comfortable in a manufacturing setting on the factory floor for an extended
period of time, interacting with floor personnel, production, quality, purchasing, management, as well as interacting with customers. Valid Driver’s License required, some travel between facilities both in New
Haven. . Must be capable of lifting 50 Lbs.
Culinary Degree from an accredited institution and significant experience or four
year degree in Food Science, Nutrition, or other relevant discipline and 2+ years hands on pastry production.
This is an hourly position Monday through Friday in a fast paced work environment. After required 90 day probationary period, full benefits are available including vacation, health / dental, 401K with matching, holidays off.
Join an established company taking things to the next level through innovation.
Please, no phone calls, only reply to this posting with resume. Please also include salary requirements.
Job Type: Full-time Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Baking / Pastry experience do you have? . Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States? . Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
Have a job you would like to advertise? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post it for you.