Symrise, Teterboro NJ
Category Manager, Sweet
Symrise, “where Science and Sensation meet,” is the world’s 3rd largest manufacturer of flavors, fragrances and cosmetic & aroma ingredients offering more than 30,000 products in over 160 countries.
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial spirit with strong leadership and team-building skills to develop and execute Symrise’s 3-5-year category strategy and annual operating plan of a defined sweet category (confectionery/consumer health) within the overall Sweet business unit. Leading the design & positioning of the category product portfolio, you’ll initiate and lead programs to maximize and improve profit margins; establish & track pricing, profits and margin targets and identify any product & technology gaps while ensuring the category, including our internal project management processes, function smoothly and efficiently.
You will assist in establishing annual budgets, forecasts and marketing initiatives; define category and customer priorities; ensure a robust innovation pipeline of customer/category relevant ideas and interact with key client decision makers positioning Symrise with targeted brand, technical and innovation managers, while exceeding our customers’ time, delivery and cost expectations.
- BS Food Science, Chemistry, Engineering or Business or equivalent (MS Food Science or MBA Business equivalent or higher preferred)
- 5+ years’ Marketing and/or commercial business experience demonstrating financial acumen and strategic pricing
- 7 + years in the Food ingredient (confectionery or consumer health) business preferred
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, leadership, presentation, negotiation, team building and PC skills including Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint). Lotus Notes and SAP proficiency is a plus
- Ability to think strategically and see the “big picture”
- Maturity in judgment, tact and timeliness
- Ability to effectively taste and smell flavors
- Ability to travel within the US and potentially internationally
At Symrise, we offer our employees excellent working conditions, creative independence, training programs and an attractive compensation package. Relocation assistance will be offered for the right candidate. To learn more about Symrise, please visit www.symrise.com.
To be considered, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
always inspiring more…
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Do you have openings that you want to see posted here? If so, please contact us at email@example.com!
For more information on jobs nationwide, please visit the IFT Career Center website.