R.C. Bigelow, Inc. 8/17/17
Research and Development Lab Technician
Excellent opportunity for a Research and Development Lab Technician to be part of a growing R&D Team for the #1 Specialty Tea Company in the United States. As a Lab team members, you will be responsible to:
1. Assist in the creation of test recipes utilizing items from R.C. Bigelow current product line or from newly screened ingredient library.
2. Maintain recipe book to ensure that new and old recipes are filed and updated.
3. Assist in set up of new ingredients for sensory testing which include weighting out ingredients for formulating and maintain flavor library.
4. Maintain MSDS sheets on new ingredients submitted to the lab
5. Ensure that ingredients are available for new product formulations, and request fresh ingredients from vendors when necessary.
6. Assist in set- up and testing of annual buying season contracts.
7. Maintain and manage records of any sensory testing done in the lab.
8. Conduct specialized sensory testing, collect and report statistical data.
9. Set up and test all incoming pre-shipment or co-shipment samples inbound.
10. Work with vendors to receive product specifications once an item has been approved.
11. Assist in the testing and documentation of Competitive Product evaluations.
12. The ability to be flexible and multi-task oriented.
13. The ability to function independently and prioritize workload to ensure that duties are being completed in a timely manner.
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year College in the area of food science, biology or associated science. Zero to three years related experiences and/or training. Additional sensory training or experience a plus.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to efficiently present information and respond to questions from within departments, management and outside parties.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability to read and interpret statistical data.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. Willingness to ask for clarification on complex problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essentials functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org